Automotive Functional Safety
We are an independent functional safety consultancy for the auto, truck, bus, and rail industries, specializing in ISO 26262 safety assurance of vehicle electrical, electronic, battery, and fuel systems.
Vital Assurance staff are globally recognized leaders in applying functional safety systems analysis on transportation applications ranging from autonomous and connected vehicles to hydrogen and Li-ion battery vehicles. Our staff member experience conducting functional safety analysis ranges from 20 to 40 years.
Vital Assurance helps ensure and document that safety-critical products and high-energy systems are developed in accordance with applicable regulations, standards, and best practices and are as safe as reasonably practicable. We work for OEMs, suppliers, and state, provincial, and Federal government agencies
What can Vital Assurance do for me?
•Augment your in-house Functional Safety staff, providing interim support and surge capacity, as well as helping you build your in-house expertise and resources.
•Serve as your Functional Safety Department, providing scalable, cost-effective Functional Safety support for your products.
•Serve as your Independent Safety Assessor and Safety Process Auditor, providing your management and customers with the confidence that your components and systems are as safe as practicable.
Vital Assurance automotive functional safety services:
• Comprehensive Functional Safety Management Program planning and
• ISO 26262-compliant safety case development
• Hazard analysis (system, subsystem, interface, etc.)
• Detailed subsystem safety analysis (e.g., FMEA, FMECA, FTA)
• Quantitative risk assessment (QRA) and failure calculations
• Functional safety concept development
• Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) determination and decomposition
• Safety requirements specification and flow down to components
• Safety testing, validation and verification of safety requirements
• Independent safety assessment, validation, and analysis
• Safety process audits (e.g., software, hardware development)
Why use Vital Assurance?
Vital Assurance staff are highly experienced and proven leaders in functional safety who will cost-effectively deliver quality and confidence that will be immediately recognized and valued by your management and customers.